Sunday, May 16, 2010

Real Time Farms

Check this out... such a great website sent to me by my friend Lori! She thought it was worth sharing and I agree! It's called Real Time Farms and it lets you load in a farm or market near you. It will help you find fresh local food near you! It shows you pictures and gives you info! So cool!
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE starting my weekend out early on Saturday morning heading to and walking around my local Farmer's market. I sip my coffee, stroll and take in all the hard working farmers who care so much to bring us fresh foods! I feel good buying locally, and I know I am doing something wonderful for me and my family. It's just a great feeling to go and take it all in. If you aren't going to a local market, I urge you to try it. I'm usually home before the rest of my family is up and going. OR once in a while, I will get my family up early to go with me. It never disappoints!

2 comments:

  1. Great post Nancy! I think the key to spreading farmers markets even further is capturing the enthusiasm you show and drawing others in. That's what we are hoping to do with Real Time Farms, and can't wait to see how it will evolve to serve this purpose in the coming weeks and months. Let us know if you have any suggestions, and maybe even try posting a photo from your favorite farmers market!

    Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will get some photos posted soon! Thanks for the comment! I love your site!

    ReplyDelete