Saturday, April 24, 2010

Meat Free Mondays

As many of you know, I am a fairly new vegetarian... going on 5 months now. And truly I have never felt better. I chose to do this for many reasons, but it isn't my goal to convert people to this lifestyle. I do however support making a positive change in the health of our planet, and ourselves by limiting the amount of meat we do eat.
Maybe you are familiar with the environmental effects industrial animal farming produces. It is a HUGE contributor to the CO2 footprint of our planet.
Meatless Mondays, or Meat Free Mondays refer to the movement of going one full day without eating meat. Some cities have actually done this! I urge you to give it a shot. Your family may not even miss the meat! It is a great way to get more fruits and veggies in your diet!

Some tasty ideas to try:
Roast some veggies. Try Onions, Cauliflower, or Asparagus - my favorite!
Try a new pasta dish with diced veggies in it!
How about some meatless meatballs! Trader Joe's brand is super tasty!
A simple dinner of grilled cheese and tomato soup is always a great choice.
Fruit, granola and yogurt parfaits for breakfast
Avocado, Tomato sandwiches

What ideas do you have for meat-free dishes? Share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment